Overlooked Gems of My Lifetime

Credit is given where credit is due regarding the overlooked gems of my lifetime.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Andy Bresnan


Philadelphia's multi-instrumentalist/conceptualist extraordinaire Andy Bresnan has added color to the music of Butterfly Joe, Baby Flamehead, and his ancient band Junior Mints, for whom I served a year's residence, doing things like laying on stage and fretting chords on my electric guitar while the hulking Bresnan kneeled over me and played the strings with timbale sticks. As the artistic director for the multi-media Big Mess Orchestra, Bresnan allows himself plenty of room for combining the highest and lowest of arts. If the world knew of him it would be awaiting the album I personally aniticipate, the one of familiar if otherworldly instrumental ditties that best reflects giddy nights spent in his presence, listening to a wide assortment of off-kilter tunes and even learning to heartily appreciate Frank Zappa's Uncle Meat album. Meanwhile, the guy hasn't been wasting time. I would suggest you prepare for upcoming Christmas seasons by purchasing the Big Mess Orchestra's holiday-themed Have Yourself as well as the group's first, self-titled album, featuring originals and enlightening covers. Keep an eye on this guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home